In this video award winning Medievalist Dr. Kyle C. Lincoln a Medieval Iberian Historian guides us through an introduction to his upcoming series titled "Heroes or Villains of Medieval Iberia" he will examine historical figures and explore their world that we know as Medieval Iberia.
The medieval figures that this series will cover in totem:
(1) Alfonso I “the Battler” of Aragon: Hero, Villain, or Both?
(2) The Wolf King: the Life, Legend, and Legacy of Ibn Mardanish of Murcia.
(3) Gerardo sem Pavor: Portuguese Brigand or Brave Profiteer?
(4) Who Was the Evil Twin: Berenguer Ramon and Ramon Berenguer of Barcelona.
(5) “Along Came a Bear:” The Story of Sancho Fernandez of Leon.
(6) Samuel ben Naghrela: Rebel or Revolutionary of Granada.
(7) The Count who Killed an Archbishop: Guillem Ramon de Moncada.
(8) Abd al-Rahman of Cordoba: The Refugee Who (Re-)Founded an Empire.
(9) The Myth of El Cid: Rodrigo Diaz.
From exploring the historical setting and climate that they emerged from to their actions that sealed their place in history and beyond to their mortality and historiography this series seeks to paint these characters as they were and leaves the audience to decide was this person a hero? A Villain? Or... is it more complicated than that?
For more information on Dr. Lincoln and his awesome work check out these links below to his book and other writings!
KING ALFONSO VIII OF CASTILE: GOVERNMENT, FAMILY, AND WAR
Edited by Miguel Gómez, Kyle C. Lincoln and Damian J. Smith
Academia Profile: https://norwich.academia.edu/KyleLincoln
Support the channel and make history matter!
Donate directly to PayPal: https://paypal.me/NickBarksdale
Enjoy history merchandise? Check out affiliate link to SPQR Emporium!
*Disclaimer, the link above is an affiliate link which means we will earn a generous commission from your magnificent purchase, just another way to help out the channel!
Join our community!
Footage of a Medieval Muslim done by our friends at HAMAA
The focus of this channel is history plain and simple and all of the facts and theories that come with it.